Wednesday 13 July 2011

Walking contradiction....wiki it is

Here is a link to the start of my final project.  In my last post I was raving about using a blog in my classroom, but here I am providing a link to my wiki that I am working on.  Why the change?  I always wanted to have a course website that was not static and can be changed easily, wiki to the rescue.  I think it will serve my purpose and still plan on using the blog somehow.  Please provide some feedback on my wiki, what you like, don't like, different ideas I could incorporate for my students.

Thanks
KB

5 comments:

  1. I like what you've started here! Gosh, I can't wait to scan some of my files and transfer others from google docs. I am wondering if you can rotate the formulas tables so kids can easily read them; maybe it's different at your age level, but my kids would beg to print them off, probably several times since they'd lose them.
    I'd like to know where you got the document explaining wiki etiquette, because I'd like to edit it (for 5th grader-readability) and post it on my new wiki as well, without reinventing the wheel. Thanks for jumping in to the wiki! It looks like a great start for your kids!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristian, I agree with Heather... great start on your wiki! It's clean, yet appealing and easy to read and navigate. I appreciate your honest thoughts on your struggle to decide on blog or wiki... I think the wiki is more creative, and like Heather, I like that you posted a "Wiki Etiquette" great for middle and high school students! I look forward to seeing where you take it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the above. What a great start! You've inspired me to stop fussing with whether to use pbworks or wikispaces and to just GET STARTED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Lori and Susan
    Thank you for the kind comments...Susan I too was fussing with blog, moodle, wiki and just got started it will just come together.
    Thanks
    kb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really like your wiki, and agree that it has a lot of potential for a class website. The Wiki Etiquette is a really great addition that I will be adding to my wiki as well. Thanks for a lot of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete