Thursday 28 July 2011

21st Century Digital Boy Redux

In my initial 'setting the stage' reflection I commented on the fact that I feel I do not use technology effectively in my classroom.  I made the observation that we are on 'the cusp of an educational revolution' and I feel overwhelmed by the technology of the day.  All I can say know is "Viva La Revolucion."  This class has provided me the tools and toolbox to confidently begin to implement "new technology in new ways" and maybe even some "new technology in old ways."
I initially asked the question: how am I going to achieve this?  I feel now I have many of the answers. 
  • I am going to collaborate with teachers of the same philosophical belief in order to share ideas and lean on for support. 
  • I am going to provide opportunities for my students to receive differentiate instruction through a variety of technological means such as wiki's, screen casts and google docs. 
  • I am going to create a culture of collaboration in my classroom by facilitating discussion through class blogs and social networking sites like Twitter. 
  • I am going to make learning authentic and meaningful for students by accessing online data sources but most of all I am going to make learning fun!
Is all of this change going ot happen overnight?  Of course not, but I do feel more adequately equipped to embrace and engage the 21st century digital learner as I have become one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment